Patna High Court is the High Court of the state of Bihar. It was established on 3 February 1916 and later affiliated under the Government of India Act 1915.
History :- Proclamation made by Governor-General of India on 22 March 1912. The foundation-stone of the High Court Building was laid on Monday, 1 December 1913 by His Excellency the late Viceroy and Governor-General of India, Sir Charles Hardinge of Penshurst. The Patna High Court building on its completion was formally opened by the same Viceroy on 3 February 1916. Hon. Sir Justice Edward Maynard Des Champs Chamier was the first Chief Justice of Patna High Court. Starting 18 April 2015, the Patna High Court has planned year long centenary celebrations of 100 years of establishment and the occasion was inaugurated by the President of IndiaShri Pranab Mukherjee chaired by the Governor of Bihar Shri Keshari Nath Tripathi and Chief Justice of India, Justice Mr.H. L. Dattuand the Chief Justice of Patna High Court Justice Mr.L. Narasimha Reddy
- 1912 – Proclamation made by Governor-General of India on 22 March 1912.
- 1913 – Foundation-stone of the High Court Building was laid on 1 December 1913.
- 1916 – Patna High Court building completed on 3 February 1916. The High Court actually commenced work from 1 March 1916.
- 1948 – Patna High Court exercised jurisdiction over the territories of the Province of Bihar & Orissa till 26 July 1948, when a separate High Court was constituted for Orissa.
- 1972 – Patna High Court opened a Circuit Bench at Ranchi.
- 1976 – Circuit Bench of Patna High Court at Ranchi became Permanent Bench.
- 2000 – Circuit Bench of Patna High Court at Ranchi became Jharkhand High Court on November 2000, under the Bihar Reorganisation Act, 2000.
- 2015 – Centenary Celebrations starting 18 April 2015.